Monday, July 28, 2008

Soda Springs


This last weekend I was able to go with my little family to Soda Springs, Idaho where my grandparents live. It was a load of fun spending time with my family. When my family gets together we eat, a lot so I was happy. Besides just hanging out with my family I also go to go golfing, at a course that has a center pivot irrigation line actively watering it as you golf. I am trying to find an image of it so that you can appreciate what I had to golf through, there I loaded an image at the top. The golf course is the lower half and the pipe is attached in the center of the circle and it moves around and around and it waters everything, including early morning hackers and duffers. First of all the golf course is in the middle of a wheat field. There is no rough grass it goes from mowed fairway to waist high wheat. Also there are no sand traps just smatterings of lava rocks jutting out of the ground and if you hit your ball anywhere but where it is supposed to be it's lost. I lost 3 balls on one hole, cursed golf course. Anyways it was fun and we didn't keep score. Later on we went to the Soda Springs gravel pit and shot 22's. It was a wonderful redneck meets high class weekend.

No comments: