Friday, July 11, 2008

Soccer Game



Last Thursday we had an office party, so IBI paid for me and my family to go to a soccer game! Hooray it was fantastic fun. The game itself was a dirty ugly game with little ball control and only a few shinning moments, but the crowd was so into it. They fed us to, Famous Dave's, it was good. The game ended in a tie but I just might be a Real fan and I think that when I get back to Manhattan I would like to take myself and any others interested to a KC Wizards game. I was honestly worried that the game may go to long and my sons would be ready to leave but since soccer only lasts two 45 minute halves they were not balling at the end. get the pun? Anyways after the show they had a fireworks display in honour of Independence Day. God Bless America. My baby boys both loved the fire works, whenever I ask my oldest what he thought of the game he just mentions the fireworks. The next day we drove down to Provo to attend a big wonderful parade. It had big balloons, and WWII Veterans, a whole bunch of guys dressed up in Star Wars outfits, Tongans doing the Hakka, marching bands, politicians, and a tank. Yup, that's right a real functioning WWII Hellcat tank. That was my oldest son's favourite, I am glad he didn't say the cheerleaders because he is turning into a 3 year old flirt. Oh, well. I guess I am going to have to have "the talk" soon. I mean the talk about tying his own shoes, right now he has Velcro ones but someday he will be wearing laces. The last thing I wanted to mention in this entry was we also visited a pioneer village over the weekend. Everyone dresses up in pioneer clothes and they have old buildings and a train to ride on, and horse rides. A step back in time. Anyways, the 2 coolest things were, ringing the anvil and the candy cannon. The ringing of the anvil means they take one anvil and put it on the ground. Then they put a pound of black powder on the anvil. Then they put a second anvil on top of the powder. Then they light it, and THEN the second anvil shoots 30 ft into the air! Super cool. The Candy cannon was a little cannon that they filled with salt water taffy, add a little black powder, mix in a crowd of sugar crazed kids and you have a recipe for success. Anyways, I hope to go out and visit a New Urbanist development called Daybreak this weekend. http://www.daybreakutah.com/ http://www.calthorpe.com/ I am also going to the Real game tomorrow, I'll tell you how it was.

No comments: