Friday, June 13, 2008

The second first entry.

The most difficult thing about starting a new blog is finding the time to write. First of all I do not have a computer at home and am therefore limited to the computer I use for work. I tired coming in early, but I don’t have a key and the landscape architecture crew comes in around 7:30. The Engineers come in around 8:00 and the Architects mosey in around 9:30. Anyways, I tried staying late and the boss doesn’t leave until after 5:30 and I have to get home. I have bread to bake. All in all it has been a wonderful 3 weeks here at IBI Group in Salt Lake City. The first week I was given the task of translating a conceptual master plan sketch to AutoCAD. So, I drew in road center lines and then they had me build out sidewalks and Right of Ways and building setbacks. Me they trusted me to do that. The crazy thing is that a week later they have not changed my street layout. I must have been really good at hiding my mistakes. Let’s just say that I don’t want to be in the office when the Civil Engineers get a hold of my street layout.
Aside form being an intern I have been exploring the local culinary scene and I am not disappointed. There is a wonderful array of foods and sweets to sample here in SLC. I also went to a groundbreaking ceremony with skateboarders and supermodels. My kind of people. Narf! But that is another story for another time.
Ciao!

No comments: