Friday, June 13, 2008

Market Station Party


In my previous blog I mentioned that I went to a party with Skateboarders and Supermodels. I was not lying. We have been working on a mixed use development in South Salt Lake City called Market Station, http://www.marketstationliving.com/.
Well, it turns out that the main investor in the project has a daughter who was discovered by Elite Models last year, http://www.elitemodel.com/. This investor was so happy that his daughter was joining a modeling agency that he decided to build a development with Elite Models as one of its anchors. With such a posh company involved there was bound to be a great groundbreaking party. I was excited to see a finished space and to see how it performed during a large event I was excited to see landscape architecture at work!
I attended the event with: my sister and four of her friends. When we got to the location I was disappointed to see the plaza space I was imagining was really a street hemmed in by one finished apartment building and a chain link fence. So nothing was finished, nothing no buildings to define space just some port-o-potties. Anyways the event was hilarious they had a fashion show, and then the city council got out and dug up some dirt with shovels that were spray painted gold. Then they had a half pipe with some skateboarders, and then they picked the fashion show winner and then all the cool people with VIP bracelets got to go inside. Being but a humble intern I did not get a VIP bracelet. Oh well.
During the fashion show all of the models were wearing these wrist thingies, and so after the show we approached one of the ladies holding a bunch of these wrist thingies and we started talking to her. It turns out that she makes them herself and sells them at http://dtut-cuffs.blogspot.com/. Now these are not my kind of power bands but cool nonetheless. Maybe I will get some for the fall, or the winter when it is absolutely freaking cold in Seaton Court. All in all it was a fun evening, mostly due to my sister’s presence. I am just crossing y fingers and hoping that all the ground breaking I attend will have super models.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Jeremy!

This is my favorite entry so far. Gold spray painted shovels and supermodels, what a day!! Keep 'em coming!!